Tossin the salad.

BB7 or Juicy 3's?

Looking to rebuild my other bike, which breaks for the same amount money would you between BB7 (pair) or Juicy3's?

Happy in Happy Valley
    Jun 2008
    Rigid Surly 1x1 650b--------Fixed CrossCheck--------Surly Pacer-------Salsa Ala Carte

Happy in Happy Valley
    Jun 2008
    Rigid Surly 1x1 650b--------Fixed CrossCheck--------Surly Pacer-------Salsa Ala Carte

mtbr member
    I don't know what you have found for prices but these Juicy 5s can't be much more money.

http://www.fullcycles.com/product_in...roducts_id/829
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

mtbr member
    i would avoid all breaks if i can

Rider and Wrench
    The price is a bit in question... From what I can remember when I was searching for a set of BB7s a few months ago you could find 160's 08's or 09's new for about $100 front/rear with rotors but less levers and cables add in another $15-20 for cables and $20-40 for Levers and they add up pretty quick. This is assuming new and you are not using current levers- a minimum of $135...probably more

Juicy 3's or 5's new for $50-70 per wheel complete so pretty close in price like another response said-

Now that the Elixir's are out you can pick up brand spankin new 08' Juicy 7's on good old ebay for about $180-200 (sorry LBS's) let alone $140-170 used.

In terms of use and performance I have to say as far as cable actuated brakes go the BB7's are top notch. I was riding 960 series XTR hydros, 08' Juicy 7's and 08' BB7's all around the same time and was always pleasantly suprised with how well the BB7's worked. The feel is not quite as nice but if you use decent levers and cables they feel pretty nice.

The on the fly pad adjustability via the big red wheel is also a big plus so rubbing is alot easier to fix quickly on the BB7's VS any of the Juicys.

I have a buddy that got so frusterated with a set of Juicy Carbons (basicly the same as 7's with carbon levers) he had me swap them out with BB7's and sell them on ebay. Both he and I ride cross country so heat is really not an issue if you ride in areas where you think this could be an issue I would say the Hydros may suit you better.

Hope my opinions and experiences help- Good luck
    I Just wish I could ride more!