Texan

BB7 adapter to White brothers Rock Solid fork help.

I would of thought an adapter would of came with the fork.

Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BB7 adapter to White brothers Rock Solid fork help.-tueday-007r.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2010

no adapter needed...

i could be wrong here, but you should not need an adapter.the fork is set up with post mounts so you should be able to simply bolt up the caliper body to the fork (remove the black anno adapter in the photo). If you are using a 180 rotor i think you need to use the avid rear brake adapter...check out out Avid's instructions

good luck

Doug

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    You probably already saw my e-mail, but this picture confirms my instinct. You need to remove the adapter (black thing) thats on that brake, the caliper mounts directly to the fork now. Keep those conical washer on there and mount it up (just must make sure you have a substantial amount of threads in there, those bolts look kinda short).

Cheers
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by Velcro Dog
    i could be wrong here, but you should not need an adapter.the fork is set up with post mounts so you should be able to simply bolt up the caliper body to the fork (remove the black anno adapter in the photo). If you are using a 180 rotor i think you need to use the avid rear brake adapter...check out out Avid's instructions

good luck

Doug
    Thanks Doug. I'm using a 160mm and Noah answered my mail immediately!

Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    You probably already saw my e-mail, but this picture confirms my instinct. You need to remove the adapter (black thing) thats on that brake, the caliper mounts directly to the fork now. Keep those conical washer on there and mount it up (just must make sure you have a substantial amount of threads in there, those bolts look kinda short).

Cheers
    Thanks Noaha. It took less than 5 minutes to answer my e mail, and you went beyond the call of duty to help us all here.

Bow, that's customer service!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary H
    I would of thought an adapter would of came with the fork.

Thanks guys.
    Ditto the others.

Plus mounting brackets are part of the brake, not the fork, and are supplied by the brake company
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common