mtbr member

Avid XX lever reach problem

Hi,

I found a problem with my 2012 XX brake today (new)

Trying to adjust the lever reach with the 3mm hex key in behind the pivot. The fitting just spins and spins, something is clicking when it's spinning too but the lever doesn't move at all...

Shop has agreed to send it back to sram, but just in case it's an easy fix, any thoughts on what it could be ? The brake appears to be working fine.

Dude...
    What direction are you trying to adjust it (out or in)? It's possible to go out so far that the pushrod unthreads from the adjuster thingy..

If you turn the screw the other way can you get the lever to go back torwards the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
    Hi,

I found a problem with my 2012 XX brake today (new)

Trying to adjust the lever reach with the 3mm hex key in behind the pivot. The fitting just spins and spins, something is clicking when it's spinning too but the lever doesn't move at all...

Shop has agreed to send it back to sram, but just in case it's an easy fix, any thoughts on what it could be ? The brake appears to be working fine.

mtbr member
    Hi,

Trying to adjust the lever out as at the momment it's too close to the bar.

If i turn it back the way nothing happens either, doesn't go any closer to the bar.

mtbr member
    Step 3:

Reach Adjustment

Reach Adjuster On Avid brakes the reach adjustment is always going to be a knob on the front of the lever, or a hex wrench bolt near the pivot. The goal here is to position the lever's bend exactly at the base of your first knuckle on your forefinger, so turn the reach adjuster until you get there.

mtbr member
    Yeah, i know how to adjust it, it just won't actually adjust.