ronbo613

Avid/SRAM Customer Service

Anyone have any opinions or experiences with Avid customer service?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There's no one. I've tried to contact SRAM on srameurope@sram.com to ask for a solution for my vibrating rear brake. Zero response. I sent 3 e-mails with no reaction.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I tried calling Avid today 312 664 8800, dude completely blew me off. It was like he was upset that I had dialed his number.

ronbo613
    Bummer.
    I've been finding out that most disc brake systems have problems now and again, poor customer service would be a no-go for me.

mtbr member
    I called SRAM directly a year ago with Elixir problems. Guy answered (don't remember name) right away, was really helpful, and helped solve the problem. So my one and only call to them was very positive.

Rub it............
    I've called several times (mechanic at a LBS) and have had nothing but outstanding customer service from them.

Even had a customer call them about a Juicy 7 corrosion issue on the master cylinder. They told the customer to stop in at their LBS (me) and have them handle the warranty. Told my customer that they would replace BOTH brake sets. Sure enough they did when I called them about it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My experiences have all been as good as frdfandc and then some, however I am also a shop mechanic. I even called them to get some parts for my own very old BB7 calipers I was rebuilding a few weeks back, only to have them send a whole new BB7 because they didnt have parts for my really old calipers. I really didnt expect that much. Sram service is enough of a selling point that I am torn as to my next fork purchase, Sram or Fox.i have also found that when they send stuff out they do it quickly with out delay.

Dirt Deviant
    Sram cs is Epic!!!!
    Good peeps. Always very helpful.
    Never email, always call.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From what I can gather:

If you call from home or e-mail you pretty much get nothing. If you go through your reputable and helpful LBS they take care of you.