Freshly Fujified

Avid Speed Dial 7 vs Speed Dial Ti

Well slap me in the face, and call me stupid!

OK, so I've been away from MTBR and riding for a while, but I'm about to do a new build, and I bought a new set of Avid Speed Dial 7's. Is it me, or are the newer SD 7 levers basically, the old SD 5 levers (no View Ports)? I also see that while they are not listed on the SRAM website, it would appear that there might still be some NOS SD Ti levers out there, and they look like they might be the old SD 7 levers (with the View Port) and Ti bolts and rivets?

The new SD 7's just feel "cheap", so I'm looking for some insights into the changes over the past 3 years or so. Any help in clarifying would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CmC

T.W.O.
    I have both, SD ti with orange finish is just pretty cool. As for the change I don't know much. I haven't really use V's for a while, The only bike I have with V's now is equipped with Arch Supreme, that's why it's still a V's

dirtbag
    You're not alone on your assessment on the new SD 7 levers. It seems that it's regressed into the "cheaper" lever you mentioned with the lack of the view ports. It also looks chunky compared to the SD7 levers of old. I still have a set of older SD7 levers that have the view ports, speed dial knob and svelte look.

Last year I bought a new set of SD 7 levers to replace the FR 5 levers that came on my Salsa. Other than the addition of the speed dial knob, it's the same lever.

I've seen the Speed Dial Ultimate levers that have the features and look you're after but they're kind of spendy for a set of cable pull levers. At their price you could probably but a complete hydo brakeset instead.