mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Avid Single Digit SL and Beyond Bikes?

I just recieved my order of the single digit sl from beyond bikes. They sent me 2 rear brakes. So I call them to return them for the correct ones, and they tell me that they are out of stock on the fronts, but I can just swap the pads left to right and use the rear brake up front. Can anybody confirm that? I have heard some horror stories about Beyond Bikes from the boards here and just want a second opinion. Any help would be great.

Thanks

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    Quote Originally Posted by phalmos
    I just recieved my order of the single digit sl from beyond bikes. They sent me 2 rear brakes. So I call them to return them for the correct ones, and they tell me that they are out of stock on the fronts, but I can just swap the pads left to right and use the rear brake up front. Can anybody confirm that? I have heard some horror stories about Beyond Bikes from the boards here and just want a second opinion. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Yea they are correct. Kinda silly huh. Especially since you have to usually adjust the pads/spacers anyway. If there were a difference, it'd (hopefully) be indicated in the instructions.

I just got a set not that long ago. Jensonusa has them priced at $35. Got performancebike to pricematch plus had a 20% off coupon. What a bargain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the reponse. I'll go with it. I don't want to have to deal with beyond bikes again. I ordered grey they sent me silver. I ordered front and back they sent me back only. Idiots! Thanks again.

Don't touch me!

There is a difference...

On my old arch rivals the (F&R) elbows were different angles. That might be what makes a front a front and a rear a rear.