Huckin' trails

Avid SD 7 cable pull ?

Just got my set of SD 7 levers from Jenson this week and planning on installing them tomorrow.

I've played a bit around and move the cable pull ratio adjuster, read the whole user guide that came with it, etc. I'm excited to try them out.

One thing I've noticed is the manual says to start with the cable pull adjust at middle position, then after tune it to your liking. But the manual didn't said if the middle position was actually the equivalent of a long pull or just less then a long pull.

If it was actually a long pull at middle adjust, I could normally have a super long pull lever at max or middle between long and short pull at minimum.

But if the max adjust is the equivalent of a long pull, would the min adjust be the equivalent of a short pull ? All speaking in term of pull ratio and pull curve.

Plus Jenson listed those levers as the 2008 model, and lever blades have sept272011 stamp on them, and body has 1 0 stamp. But in the user manual that came with it, it says you can use a 2mm allen key to tighten the lever blades if they are too loose, and I guess to change them too. The screw illustrated is located at the blade pivot location, but my blades don't have it. I think it's part of Avid "bend zone" so if you crash, the blade will break only instead of the whole lever, so you just have to get new blades instead of changing the whole lever. But this is on the newer models. Mine are 2008 models. However, like I mentioned, the blades have a manufacture date of September 2011... Any idea ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010
    I'm not sure about the "bend zone", but I pm'd you a link of how I set mine up (not my site). Worked great for me.