Expert Pushing SSer

New question here. Avid Mech Pad - Q

OK, this is a silly one. We all get one free silly Q per week. This is mine, and it is only Monday. I pulled the front pads out of my Avid mechanicals, and the spring clip that seats toward the rear of the caliper housing fell out. Thought nothing of it. Cleaned the pads with rubbing alcohol, and went to put it all back together putting the spring clip in first then the pads. Is that the way to do it? Right now the pads converge towards the rear of the caliper housing forming a ^ and pinching the rotor . Does anyone know what the he!! I am trying to explain. The pads should snap into the caliper housing. But the clip is making things awkward. Please help, laugh if you must, even poke fun . Just help me before this weekend, please.

Thanks,

Mike
    Tuff Schist

Tracking up the place

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    OK, this is a silly one. We all get one free silly Q per week. This is mine, and it is only Monday. I pulled the front pads out of my Avid mechanicals, and the spring clip that seats toward the rear of the caliper housing fell out. Thought nothing of it. Cleaned the pads with rubbing alcohol, and went to put it all back together putting the spring clip in first then the pads. Is that the way to do it? Right now the pads converge towards the rear of the caliper housing forming a ^ and pinching the rotor . Does anyone know what the he!! I am trying to explain. The pads should snap into the caliper housing. But the clip is making things awkward. Please help, laugh if you must, even poke fun . Just help me before this weekend, please.

Thanks,

Mike
    Take the pads out.. the spring clip...now take the spring and match the curve on the pad to the rear of the pad...the spring clip should just rest on the edge on the outside of the pad on the copper colored metal...lay the the other on the same way like a sandwich --there should be a wee bit tension on the cross area of the spring...in sert the pad sandwich into the caliper body till you hear a click.. (make sure calipers are all the way out it is much easier to set them inplace..) Hope it helps...

Tracking up the place

Listen!

if you need phots let me know

Expert Pushing SSer

Thanks...I think you are

Quote Originally Posted by Haroow
    Take the pads out.. the spring clip...now take the spring and match the curve on the pad to the rear of the pad...the spring clip should just rest on the edge on the outside of the pad on the copper colored metal...lay the the other on the same way like a sandwich --there should be a wee bit tension on the cross area of the spring...in sert the pad sandwich into the caliper body till you hear a click.. (make sure calipers are all the way out it is much easier to set them inplace..) Hope it helps...
    onto it. Appreciate it. Tomorrow, I may need a photo...he he he.

Mike
    Tuff Schist

Tracking up the place
    Her is picture of avid spring ready for install..
    Attached Images Attached Images