mtbr member

Avid Juicy Sevens, replacement pistons?

Is it particularly easy to track down replacement pistons for avid juicy sevens? Or should I just consider getting a whole new caliper. Or just new brakes? I'm in the UK now and wondering how easy it will be to get spares. Any advice?

Cheers,

Duncan

Meh.
    It's fairly easy to get new pistons. I think they call it the pressure foot kit. Or something along those lines. Go to your LBS, they should have a big catalog full of stuff. If you have the 2004 brakes (split clamp with a black resi cap) then the parts may be a bit trickier to find. I still have one 2004 setup. Luckily I have not had to source any parts for it yet.

I like the J7s. They've provided me with consistently good performance. I've found that the best upgrade for those brakes was flushing out all the OE DOT fluid with fresh DOT 5.1 fluid.

However, if they have not been performing up to your standards, perhaps you should consider another brake.

Part No.
    BR6982

Manufacturer Part No.

mtbr member

thanks

Thanks very much for the advice. The brakes are 2005 models I think. Fortunately my brother works at a bike shop and should be able to help out.

cheers,

duncan