mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Avid Juicy Carbon clearance issue

I have an Avid Juicy Carbon Caliper (the silver type) mated to '06 CrossMax SL's. There is maybe a millimeter of clearance between the caliper and the spokes.

Depending on how hard you push into corners, you can hear the spokes deflect (albeit slightly) into the caliper. If I adjust the caliper outward (toward the fork-leg) the pads drag.

I'd like to gain a tad more clearance....Any ideas...Anyone know the width of an Avid Juicy Ultimate caliper?

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson26x2
    I have an Avid Juicy Carbon Caliper (the silver type) mated to '06 CrossMax SL's. There is maybe a millimeter of clearance between the caliper and the spokes.

Depending on how hard you push into corners, you can hear the spokes deflect (albeit slightly) into the caliper. If I adjust the caliper outward (toward the fork-leg) the pads drag.

I'd like to gain a tad more clearance....Any ideas...Anyone know the width of an Avid Juicy Ultimate caliper?
    You can use shims between the rotor and the hub to push the rotor out a bit. So you can center the caliper out a little further.

Syntace makes nice shims.

mtbr member
    of course...why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I had the same problem when I installed my Juicy 5's last night. But The spokes rubbed no matter what I did. I just pulled out the dremel tool and filed down the caliper. It was a pain and risky since i have no clue how thick the calipers are. but it works well now!