mtbr member
    Nov 2004

avid juicy 7 - help me bling them (polishing)

Ok,
    I have a pair of avi juicy 7's and i want to make them as pimp as i possibly can.

So far i have added full titanium and aluminium hardware, Aluminium rotors and Titanium rotor bolts. goodridge lines have also been installed.

I am currently having some custom levers machined for me by a friend (helps him having a cnc machine at his work ) and i also wouldnt mind investigating if he can also make me some alluminium adjusters (to replace the red plastic ones and metal ones).

The only other thing i want to do is have them high polished in bling silver, or have them annodized in either black or silver.

If i were to have them polished, would i need to clear coat them to stop corrosion ? if so what does anyone reccomend ? (i know people polish their hayes mag lever bodies, what do you guy's use ?)
    And if i were to go about anodizing them, Is this possible .
    I will also be doing the same to the calipers

Any help on those two questions would be great,
    Thanks
    - - - - - Adam - - - - -
    Last edited by caballero; 04-20-2005 at 03:08 PM.

forget anodizing

Is it possible to put gold plating on aluminum? That would be rad. Get your saddle recovered with velvet to complete the effect.
    [SIZE=1]Don't believe everything that you think.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caballero
    Ok,
    I have a pair of avi juicy 7's and i want to make them as pimp as i possibly can.

So far i have added full titanium and aluminium hardware, Aluminium rotors and Titanium rotor bolts. goodridge lines have also been installed.

I am currently having some custom levers machined for me by a friend (helps him having a cnc machine at his work ) and i also wouldnt mind investigating if he can also make me some alluminium adjusters (to replace the red plastic ones and metal ones).

The only other thing i want to do is have them high polished in bling silver, or have them annodized in either black or silver.

If i were to have them polished, would i need to clear coat them to stop corrosion ? if so what does anyone reccomend ? (i know people polish their hayes mag lever bodies, what do you guy's use ?)

Thanks
    - - - - - Adam - - - - -
    Aluminum doesn't rust, and so far my polished aluminum levers are shiny and neat..
    I doubt you'd be able to anodize the calipers?
    and Paaleese, it's not bling unless it's golden!

Binge Rider

About Goodridge & AVIDs

Hey, I am thinking about putting Goodridge lines on my Juciy 7's. Can you send me a pic of yours so I can gedt a feel for what it looks like? Thanks-
    T-Duck

Quote Originally Posted by caballero
    Ok,

Thanks
    - - - - - Adam - - - - -

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I know that you can chrome plate aluminum. It may not be gold, but it is shiney.

mtbr member
    What about anodizing the rotors? I always wondered if it would work. Has anyone tried it?

Anodize all the accent pieces like a "Works" motocross bike.

Check the attachment maybe that'll give you some Inspiration
    Attached Images Attached Images

"El Whatever"
    Drop the Al rotors and get some Hope personalized rotors. They might even make you some personalized rotors out of their semi-floating rotors.

Black anodizing on the caliper and levers should be good.

The knobs could be easily replaced by anodized machined parts.
    Check my Site