what a joke

Avid Juicy 7 Crash Test

I am thinking of going with the Juicy 7's on a new bike this spring. I have read the reviews and apart from some allignment issues and some lever problems has any body had any other experiences with them. What is the durability like, are they still working well after a few crashes etc. Any updates or experiences from those in the know would be great.

Thanks

mmm, carbon
    Jan 2004
    I've crashed once on a wet rocky section where the bike slid out to the left of me on to my right hand side. The bars hit the ground along with the right hand lever. I guess there must be a ball and socket mechanism within the master cylinder because the lever popped out of its normal position. I dusted myself off, pushed it back in and all was well. Besides a couple of scratches on the lever tip from the impact there was no damage. In other words the lever seems quite sturdy to me, given the force of this impact. As always YMMV.

what a joke

Thanks and another ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    I've crashed once on a wet rocky section where the bike slid out to the left of me on to my right hand side. The bars hit the ground along with the right hand lever. I guess there must be a ball and socket mechanism within the master cylinder because the lever popped out of its normal position. I dusted myself off, pushed it back in and all was well. Besides a couple of scratches on the lever tip from the impact there was no damage. In other words the lever seems quite sturdy to me, given the force of this impact. As always YMMV.
    So would you buy them again?

mmm, carbon
    Jan 2004
    Definitely. The stock pads are awful though, some heavily sintered compound that squeals like crazy in low temps. Put a softer pad on though and they're great.