mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Avid Juicy 3 Bleed Issue

I've just bled my Avid Juicy 3 brakes for the first time and have an issue with the front brake, the rear one worked out ok. I bled the front an when I pull on the brake, the lever now has no bite to it and just flops back and forth rather than popping back into position after pulling it. I've tried re bleeding it but this didn't work. Anyone got any ideas? Got some Juicy Carbons to do after this...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If the pistons are free and clear....adjust the reach adjust screw to get them to bind. if that doesnt get you close enough, you will have to rebleed the brakes. not a whole rebleed, just a fillem up procedure. put in the bleed kit, making sure you use NEW fluid and have pumped all the air out of the fluid, push more fluid in the system making sure you follow the instructions for not putting in air and releasing the lever only as you inject fluid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I take it I would pump the new fluid in from the caliper?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yes, from the caliper side. You can pump in fluid gently with the lever side clamped to add more fluid into the system. Then proceed with the rest of the instructions.