Scott is a tool.

Avid hose compatibility - Juicy hose on Code R?

Hey people.

So I have found a set of Code Rs to replace a set of Juicy 3s on my DH rig. The Codes are used, and sadly the rear hose is about 300mm too short.

My question is, and sorry if it's a stupid one, but can I just re-use the hose from my Juicys? As in unscrew it at both ends and re-screw into the Code caliper and lever, then get it bled?

From just looking at everything, it looks like it would work, I currently have Elixirs on my other bike, so the lever is the same, and just by eye balling both the connections look the same.

Help please.

Grant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yes it is the same fittings on the hoses,the code uses a swivel banjo while the juicy has a threaded boss.You might ,might not leak because the aluminum sleeve on the hose takes a set and doesnt like to be disturbed

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    Yes it is the same fittings on the hoses,the code uses a swivel banjo while the juicy has a threaded boss.You might ,might not leak because the aluminum sleeve on the hose takes a set and doesnt like to be disturbed
    Hey

Thanks for that.

The code calipers don't have a banjo, it's also a threaded boss. So I guess it should work then.

Grant.