mtbr member

Avid G3 rotors on chainlove.com - NOW

$21.99, 160 & 185.

just a public service announcement.

says they have a lot in stock, so if they don't go now, they should pop-up again today.

mtbr member
    Jumped on that last week for one 185mm. What a deal! Piggybacked some items all week to save in shipping...although their plan for us to buy more by doing that worked like a charm!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat
    Jumped on that last week for one 185mm. What a deal! Piggybacked some items all week to save in shipping...although their plan for us to buy more by doing that worked like a charm!

how does that work?

I haven't ordered from them for awhile.
    I know that if you put something in your cart with those intentions, it doesn't stayed there.

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie
    how does that work?

I know that if you put something in your cart with those intentions, it doesn't stayed there.
    Yeah interested too... Wish I had the money to pick up a new set...Found them locally at REI for $29.99 which I thought was not too bad in a pinch. Also, apparently my local REI carries Jagwire stuff, you can get the BB7 brake pads for $20 a set! Can usually find them online for cheaper but comes out to about the same with shipping for most places.

mtbr member
    how does that work?

Chainlove is a liquidator site for its parent company, www.backcountry.com. They have SEVERAL sites like that...Chainlove is for mtb of course. The thing is that you have to checkout before the time expires (time countdown on right side of screen) or before they run out of merchandise, then they move onto the next item that they want to closeout. If the time expires and they move on, however, the item normally comes back later on (as it did with these G3 rotors). They bad thing for us is that we never know when they come back. Talk about impulse buying!

Here's a trick I learned from this forum. If you missed an item, and they still have merchandise (www.departmentofgoods.com), then go to www.sacattack.com, search for the item, and they allow you to buy it again at 40% off msrp. Of course, usually when it's on chainlove, it's 50% off or more, but at least you get it cheaper still. A key note...chainlove charges shipping...at departmentofgoods (and their other sites) there is no shipping charges over $50.00 purchase. So it may even out sometimes.

mtbr member
    how does that work?

during the checkout process they give you an option where they will hold onto the product for a certain number of days instead of shipping it out the same day. Anything you order in the next days can be combined with that shipment, and if you don't order anything else they simply ship out your original order when the days are up