mtbr member

Avid front calliper adapter comptibility

I am currently using Shimano XTR brakes on an older fox fork. I bought a new fork and the old one is going to my wifes bike. The fork has ISA tabs and not post mount. I am using Shimano 160mm adapters with my XTR brakes. The new bike it is going to has Juicy 5's with 160mm rotors as well. Will the post mount adapters from Shimano work with my Avids?

mtbr member
    My cross bike is running Shimano adapters with Avid BB7s so you should be a similar case. Just make sure you use the CPS hardware, otherwise the adapters are close enough.

Granted my adapters are IS mount on the frame/fork and post mount on the caliper but I see no real difference in your situation.

mtbr member
    Mine is IS on the fork as well, so maybe there is hope. thanks.

mtbr member
    If you look at the adapters, they look almost the same but when you look how the calipers mount up, the Avid calipers have their tabs set higher up into the caliper to make room for the lower hemispherical washers. Just make sure you have long enough mounting bolts for the CPS hardware and caliper as the Shimano hardware will probably be too short.

Thanks for the neg rep whoever did that