mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Avid Elixir CR Brake Pads Replacement

Hi everyone, I have a pair of Elixir CR on my Ibis Mojo, they came OEM, they've performed pretty great since new (15 months), but I'm about to finish the pads, so the question is which ones should I buy to replace them?; it's not that easy to get all kinds here in Mexico, I can get a pair of NZKW made of a compound of Ceramic and Carbon (http://www.nzkw.com/); are they any god?, I'm not sure which ones came with the brakes originally, probably metallic. What do you guys think?. I can also get any other kind probably on eBay, a lot of sellers ship here.
    Thank you.

NMBP
    I don't know anything about the pads you listed, but I have been using the Jagwire Redzone pads with my Elixer CR's, and they have been great.

mtbr member
    I believe the CR uses the same pads as the Elixir 5's I have. I'm LOVING these pads off eBay: F1 Sintered Avid Elixir Disc Brake Pads Very Long Life | eBay

cmt
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Swiss Stop pads work great!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm going to be building up a HT Yelli Sreamy soon and was thinking about using Avid Elixir CR X9 2011, or 2012 Avid Elixir 9c for my brakes. Any thoughts on either of these 2 systems? I have Juicy 5's on my Niner Jet 9 and have had zero problems with them, so that's why I'm leaning towards staying with Avid.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

psycho cyclo addict
    I've had good luck with the Avid sintered pads. Tried the organic ones too and they didn't have much different stopping characteristics, weren't much quieter (not loud to begin with) and definitely wore out faster. If you are getting another manufacturers pads, I recommend cool stop's http://www.amazon.com/Avid-Elixir-Br...7502653&sr=1-8

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    WOW guys, thank you for all the comments and help, I did order the Carbon/Ceramic ones, I'll let you know how it works out, I'll also order a couple from ebay to do some side by side testing.
    @kevinboyer as I posted I have CRs on mine, had Juicy 5s on my previous bike, very happy with both of them so far, I'd easily recommend them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks defuentes, it looks like I will be going with the CR's for sure.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys, I've been riding with the Ceramic/Carbon pads for a couple of weeks now and they are quite good, they have a lot of stopping power and aren't noisy at all... we'll have to wait and see for durability, thought I'd let you all know.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Sorry to "brake it" to you, but I think nzkw performance brakes is a Chinese knock-off scam product sold direct on the web. I bought them on Amazon and, like everyone else on the internet, discovered they didn't work. I don't believe that KW nzkw of New Zealand actually makes bike parts. Check out my review on amazon.com.