mtbr member
    May 2009

Avid CR adjustment

Added a set of Avid CR's to the 29er last week and had them installed by my LBS as they did it for no charge because I purchased from them but here is the problem.

The back brake is fine and requires very little movement to engage but the front has some play before it hooks up. I thought well I will adjust the barrel "Pad Engagement" adjuster but it's maxed out.

Looked through all the information I could find but could not find out anything about fixing this issue. How do I re-set the brakes so I have some adjustment on the barrel?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pamt
    Added a set of Avid CR's to the 29er last week and had them installed by my LBS as they did it for no charge because I purchased from them but here is the problem.

The back brake is fine and requires very little movement to engage but the front has some play before it hooks up. I thought well I will adjust the barrel "Pad Engagement" adjuster but it's maxed out.

Looked through all the information I could find but could not find out anything about fixing this issue. How do I re-set the brakes so I have some adjustment on the barrel?
    Rotating the barrel clockwise will shorten lever action and vice versa.

If thereīs not enough adjustment, Iīd recommend bleed the brake according to tutorial from SRAM (avaliable at their web page)
    Personal, little freaky story-photo-blog: ondrakozubek.webnode.cz

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Manīs Nightmare
    Rotating the barrel clockwise will shorten lever action and vice versa.

If thereīs not enough adjustment, Iīd recommend bleed the brake according to tutorial from SRAM (avaliable at their web page)
    Thanks BMN

That's what I expected would need to be done. Oh well back to the LBS as I do not have the tools needed to bleed them.

Members who have read this thread: 0