mtbr member
    Oct 2012

avid cps bolts with hayes brakes?

ok so im currently running hayes prime comp brakes, which are really good powerful brakes, but im not writing a review on them, so my question is will avid cps washers or the bolts with work for hayes brakes? i know i can put them on top which somewhat helped but will they work on the bottom? i hope they will because that will save me so much time aligning the caliper.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Kinda wondering the same thing. I have Formula The Ones and have been using the hardware(bolts and washers) from my old Avids. Never had any problems, just don't know if its the correct way of doing things.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    ok, because i have some stainless steal bolts with washers coming, and if it works it works. its just alittle easier since you can dial your brakes better

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by konajumper View Post
    ok so im currently running hayes prime comp brakes, which are really good powerful brakes, but im not writing a review on them, so my question is will avid cps washers or the bolts with work for hayes brakes? i know i can put them on top which somewhat helped but will they work on the bottom? i hope they will because that will save me so much time aligning the caliper.
    CPS washers between the caliper and adapter will pack the brake out too much, the pads will overhang the rotor and this isn't something that you'll want.

* Avid brakes are the only brakes that are meant to use CPS washers between the caliper and the adapter.
    * CPS washers between the caliper and the adapter will pack the caliper out by about 5mm more then it should be.
    * 5mm of packing = 10mm increase in rotor size