11 is one louder than 10

Avid CPS bolt size?

Does anyone know the exact bolt size for the AVID CPS bolts (bolt that mounts the caliper to the frame mount). I think it is a m5 or m6 x 30... anyone know for sure?

Thanks.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

I love Pisgah
    6m x 25mm if I remember right. Measure your steel ones. 1" is almost exactly 25mm(and I almost wanna say that I once made the observation that even 20mm lengths would work). I ran alum for those(on the front) for about 6 months with no probs fwiw. That bike now has v-brakes.

11 is one louder than 10

Thanks.

Yup, thinking M6 by 25 or 30mm. I'm thinking that Ti bolts would work well here. I'm taking some Ti bolts from my Mag Pluses, and looking at others to see how much weight could be saved on the Juicy 7's. just got them, but they are pretty darn nice thus far. Weight seems to be the only drawback. At 200lbs, I only try to save weight where it isn't stupid light.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    Yup, thinking M6 by 25 or 30mm. I'm thinking that Ti bolts would work well here. I'm taking some Ti bolts from my Mag Pluses, and looking at others to see how much weight could be saved on the Juicy 7's. just got them, but they are pretty darn nice thus far. Weight seems to be the only drawback. At 200lbs, I only try to save weight where it isn't stupid light.

I'm using ti bolts on my Avids, three bikes front and rear worth. M6 x 20 on the frame------>adapter/mount bolts, and M6 x 30 on the caliper/CPS bolts.

One setup is new, one setup in use for about two years, and one close to three years-swapped from frame to frame in that time. No problems. Though I weigh in at about 60# less than you. Just use some good anti-seize, and don't overtorque. I've actually stripped a bolt head on one (doh!) before the threads came even close to stripping.

FWIW, I've used www.racebolts.com for bolt needs. Good prices, fast on the shipping.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper