Living the Dream

Is the avid CPS 74mm post fork bracket for the adapter I need for my firefly fork?

I am looking for the correct adapter for my 185mm rotors for my new sherman firefly. Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I am looking for the correct adapter for my 185mm rotors for my new sherman firefly. Thanks for any help.
    I have got Sherman firefly forks and just bought the avid mech disk with a 185mm rotor
    I had to contact the shop again to get the adapter they are sending my one out for a cost of £12 inc postage it is a standard Manitou / Avid adaptor, this is from Avids web site:
    Avidís larger rotor sizes (185mm and 203mm) are compatible with Manitou forks but require an additional caliper mounting bracket. Avid offers
    these brackets and they are available through your local bike shop.
    Note: 185mm and 203mm rotors require a caliper mounting bracket that is specific to Avidís 2002 and later calipers. 2001 calipers are not
    compatible with 185mm and 203mm rotors on Manitou Forks
    . I got mine from WWW.CHAINREACTIONCYCLES.CO.UK they are in Northern Ireland but will ship any where in the world. Hope this helps

whistler
    Mar 2004

hello

www.bikeroom.com

canadian web retailer, has the adaptor you need for cheap. its actually hard to find apparently unless you order it in specially and pay full price.

mtbr member
    Unfortunatly they sent me the wrong adaptor. They sent an adaptor for a 203mm rotor
    so have had to send it back and ordered the 185mm adaptor. will have to wait and see if this one comes