mtbr member

Avid Contact info..

Does anyone have a email address or phone number for AVID (SRAM) warranty service?
    I have a friend who has a set of 2007 Avid Codes and they are ALWAYS in need of a bleed. They work great for a few days and then they pull to the bars. I want to see what Avid has to say.
    I looked at SRAM's website and couldn't find any real info. I will search more but help is appreciated.

Tool
    Avid, for the most part, will only deal with their authorized dealers, so your friend's best bet is to work with his LBS.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    I've called SRAM a few times in the Chicago HQ with tech questions. Always pretty helpful and someone answered the phone always.

312-664-8800

I have both Avid Elixir CRs and Avid X.0 brakes as well. The X.0s are new but I had to bleed after shortening both hoses, so not sure of performance yet since haven't finished new build. The CRs I've bled at least a dozen times total, however, when Avid brakes are working well...they are magnificent.

BTW, their new Avid Professional Bleed Kit works so much better than the old one...fyi.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    WORLD HEADQUARTERS:

SRAM LLC
    1333 N. Kingsbury, 4th Floor
    Chicago, Illinois 60642
    United States of America
    Phone: +1-312-664-8800
    Fax: +1-312-664-8826
    E-mail: sramusa@sram.com

ASIAN HEADQUARTERS:

SRAM Taiwan
    No. 1598-8 Chung Shan Road
    Shen Kang Hsiang, Taichung
    County 429 Taiwan R.O.C.
    Phone: +886-4-2561-3678
    Fax: +886-4-2561-3686
    E-mail: sramasia@sram.com

EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS:

SRAM Europe
    Paasbosweg 14-16
    3862ZS Nijkerk
    The Netherlands
    Phone: +31-33-450-6060
    Fax: +31-33-457-0200
    E-mail: srameurope@sram.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine View Post
    Does anyone have a email address or phone number for AVID (SRAM) warranty service?
    I have a friend who has a set of 2007 Avid Codes and they are ALWAYS in need of a bleed. They work great for a few days and then they pull to the bars. I want to see what Avid has to say.
    I looked at SRAM's website and couldn't find any real info. I will search more but help is appreciated.
    Just as a side note. with 07 Codes, don't expect to get em warranted. The 07 Codes were warranted for 1 year from date of purchase to be free of manufacturer defects.

The need for constant bleeding usually indicates air entering the system some how. If the brakes have never been rebuilt, it's probably time. A complete rebuild of the caliper, master cylinder, and replacing the lines would likely be your best bet.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses folks. I sent SRAM an email. If I don't get a reply by the end of the week I will call the posted phone number.

I learned a long time ago not to expect anything from anyone but I also learned as well that it doesn't hurt to ask what can be done. The right attitude can change everything.

I will post up my experience. Thanks...