Old Fart

Avid BB7's on a Gary Fisher Team Issue (Sugar)

I am trying to mount an Avid BB7 on my G.F. Team Issue Frame. The mounting holes on the dropouts aren't close to working with the adapters supplied on the rear caliper. G.F. offers a "universal disc brake adapter" Anyone use one of these or have a picture of it? I'm also considering fabricating one on the milling machine. Anyone with experience with doing this?
    If you say gullible slowly enough it sounds like "oranges"

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Buy the Fisher/Trek/Klein bolt-on disc mount. It should be well under $20. They work well. Between ~2000 and 2004 all Trek/Fisher/Klein disc brake bikes used them.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Go to your local Trek dealer and get this disk adapter. It will work on your Sugar if it's between the production years of 2001 - 2003 and 2004 4+. In 2004 the Sugar Race had ISO disk mount in the rear drop out. The first year production (2000) were not disk ready. I wouldn't waste your time machining a mount......they cost $25.00

Quote Originally Posted by Scubapiper
    I am trying to mount an Avid BB7 on my G.F. Team Issue Frame. The mounting holes on the dropouts aren't close to working with the adapters supplied on the rear caliper. G.F. offers a "universal disc brake adapter" Anyone use one of these or have a picture of it? I'm also considering fabricating one on the milling machine. Anyone with experience with doing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images