mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Avid BB7 rear brake jammed

My rear avid BB7 brake jams whenever it rotates forward towards the disc. After successfully stopping, the part that rotates gets jammed when its supposed to rotate back to its normal place. It scrap's against the part of the brake that doesn't rotate. I'm wondering if I hit something and its bent inward, cause I've tried bending it back and that thing isn't budging . My question is, do the brakes have an adjustment that may have been bumped out of alignment or did I really smash it inward? Any suggestions? BTW sorry for the paragraph and thanx
    steve

The only thing that rotates is the rotor. The caliper body should not move. I'm not sure what you're describing, though, probably the terminology you're using.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think he's refering to the rotating cam inside the body of the caliper. I'd guess that you have worn pads and the non-fixed side is over extended to hit the rotor. Aside from that, maybe the arm which pinchs the brake cable is binding on something. I'd carefully look at it while it is operating to determine the cause.

You may be right.

OP - Try downloading the technical service manual from the SRAM site (not the user manual) and do an overhaul...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Anti-Outsourcer
    Jan 2007
    Pictures?
    And make sure your wheel is seated in the dropout correctly. That's always the first thing to check when there's a disc brake problem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    thanks guys I will download the manual and try and get some pictures up asap