Did I catch a niner?

Avid BB7 with Avid Speed 7s

So I ordered a set from Jensonusa they are a steal at $44.95 each and ordered a set of levers the Avid Speed 7s with the adjustment option build in. Are these levers the right choice? They were only $19 for the pair but seem almost to pair well with these brakes.

I ordered these not because they were on sale but because I hate my juicy 3s with the fire of a thousand suns. These things gobble so loud no matter what kind of adjustments I made that I would rather just go mechanical.

EDIT: Also got a Thomson Elite Setback seatpost

pink
    Last edited by Mr Pink57; 03-14-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    That is the exact setup I have on my bike and I love it. They are very easy to adjust and are really solid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    So I ordered a set from Jensonusa they are a steal at $44.95 each and ordered a set of levers the Avid Speed 7s with the adjustment option build in. Are these levers the right choice? They were only $19 for the pair but seem almost to pair well with these brakes.

I ordered these not because they were on sale but because I hate my juicy 3s with the fire of a thousand suns. These things gobble so loud no matter what kind of adjustments I made that I would rather just go mechanical.

EDIT: Also got a Thompson Elite Setback seatpost

pink
    What size rotors are you going to be using? The setup should be great. I am not sure if they would have been better than juicy 3s IMO, but they will not be worse. They will both have about the same amount of power, but they will feel different, and engage different from my experiences.

tmaxx445
    Iron Horse Warrior 3.5 with a few upgrades.

Did I catch a niner?
    185mm front 160mm rear but I may go to a 203mm front I weight 230lbs however we do not have much for mountains here in MN so big stopping power isn't a main concern. The thing that was bothering me most was the big time gobble I am getting with the J3's. It's so annoying and have tried a few things, I admit I have not gone to the ends of the earth to fix it but did what I could that wasn't terrible expensive.

pink
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    that setup is awesome. Very nice for the price.

Suffers From Binge Biking
    The Speed Dial series of brake levers are the recommended levers to use with Avid BB brakes. For XC and AM type riding, a 185F/160R setup should provide adequate braking. 203mm rotors are generally found more on downhill applications.
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.