mtbr member

New question here. Avid bb5 upgrade on 96 Stumpy

HI! I need a little help if possible , i am getting mixed up with what i need, i will be putting Rock shox tora 318 U-turn and upgrading to disc , now this is an 96 stumpy A1 Fs aluminum alloy frame , the front and rear hubs are QR frt. hub is HB- M564 & Rear Hub is FH- 565 QR ., !. I think i need the adapter for the avid disc brakes 74 mm to IS 51mm front and back does it matter which ones ?? And i know i need the the frame adapter for the rear caliper something like the A2Z UM-UNI , but what adapters do i need to mount the 160mm disc to the wheel hubs ?? I am STUMPED Thanks a Zillon.

mtbr member
    Afraid you are going to need a bit more then an adaptor - you will need a whole new set of hubs, and it is probably not going to be worth using your existing wheels/spokes, so you are looking at a complete wheelset replacement.

I think you will spend very close to the same amount of money looking at a complete new bike, that has discs and a tora 318 as you would upgrading your existing ride to the same level.

Sorry for the bad news.

mtbr member
    Yes i just figured that out ,i don't mind upgrading ,,just about to order some rims .Maybe easton rims.