comforter smasher
    Apr 2005

which avid adapter for juicy to 2010 fox 36?

i need a little technical advice or maybe just a little reaffirmation. i'm trying to mount a juicy 5 onto a 2010 fox 36 float. i went to the shop and got what i thought was the appropriate adapter for my setup (which includes a 185mm rotor). when 90% installed things got a little weird. the caliper wasn't moving as freely as on my 05 fox 36, and it looks like the adapter itself wasn't flush to both the post mounts on the fork and the mounting surfaces on the caliper. which all makes it really difficult to center and adjust the caliper about the rotor. anybody else having this issue? anybody know something i don't? by the way i am using the conical washer setup on both sides of the caliper just like i'm supposed to. thanks in advance and happy trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    hey man, i don't really have an answer for you but it looks like i'm on the same boat. what size rotor are you using? i'm looking to put a 203mm rotor on a 2010 rlc 32 and it's looking like i dont have the right adapter(s) neither.

if someone has a pic of this setup it would be EXTREMELY helpful.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    185mm rotor

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i think this is the one you'll need for your 185mm rotor. see p/n 178-42808 on universalcycles.com.

for my 203mm rotor, i'll need p/n 178-42812. as expected, i have the wrong adapter.

good luck!

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    thanks red, i have the right one according to universal so there must be a different issue. i guess i'd better do some trail testing tomorrow...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This is my 36 with 203mm juicy 3 i just ordered the avid post mount adapter
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=13718

I'll try and get a better picture if you still need it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails which avid adapter for juicy to 2010 fox 36?-closeup.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That looks about how i'd expect it to. i'm assuming longer allen screws will be needed due to the thickness of the adapter?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Adapter to fork or caliper to adapter? I think they're standard size.