mtbr member

Avid 203mm post mount to RS domain (help please)

It may be a silly question but, I've never set up a post mount before. This brake functions fine, but looks wacked! Am I missing parts (if so, what?) or do I simply have something set up backwards? the setup is avid juicy 5's, 203 post mount to a 08' RS domain. Any help would be appeciated. Thanks. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Calm Like a Bomb
    you're a little off....the pics below should help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pipes10; 09-23-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesilicate
    It may be a silly question but, I've never set up a post mount before. This brake functions fine, but looks wacked! Am I missing parts (if so, what?) or do I simply have something set up backwards? the setup is avid juicy 5's, 203 post mount to a 08' RS domain. Any help would be appeciated. Thanks. Steve
    See that arrow on the adaptor? It is supposed to point in same the direction as how the wheel rotates. I think yours is on backwards.

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    That looks quite scary man... fix that stat

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesilicate
    Oh man, I didn't even notice your CPS hardware earlier - it's all jacked up, seriously, holy crap, you need to fix that.

mtbr member
    fixed! thanks pipe10. I shure eliminated alot of spacers, flipped it. looks and functions perfectly! Cheers!

Calm Like a Bomb
    no problem...glad i could help out...make sure to keep an eye on your pads as they may have uneven wear from your unique setup
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

mtbr member
    make sure to keep an eye on your pads as they may have uneven wear from your unique setup
    ...haha...nice way to put it!...I never actually went more than ten feet foward on the bike with that crazy setup...I knew it was not right...so I got this thread up right away...had a killer ride this afternoon with proper front brakes. Thanks again.