banned
    Jan 2004

Attention Jaybo, I owe you an apology. ....

... I am very sorry for the harsh words I used in answering your thread about Hayes brakes. Whether or not we agree on their performance is not the issue I'm addressing, but instead my reaction to your dealings with the Magura brakes.

I now understand how finicky and inconsistent their product is, despite their denying the words of their Cult customers, and dealers in saying they often need to be broken in to free up the pistons.

Along the way I learned a few things about advertising hype, and the way it draws in even those that don't seem to know they're a victim of it, not necessarily in their own experiences, buit in that of those they unintentionally, mislead by their raves.

I feel their brakes have great potential, and could be much more consistent if the quality control was even close to their claims.

Once again, my bad for attacking you, you really were, in your own way, giving good advice

Are you talking to me?

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlygig
    ... I am very sorry for the harsh words I used in answering your thread about Hayes brakes. Whether or not we agree on their performance is not the issue I'm addressing, but instead my reaction to your dealings with the Magura brakes.

I now understand how finicky and inconsistent their product is, despite their denying the words of their Cult customers, and dealers in saying they often need to be broken in to free up the pistons.

Along the way I learned a few things about advertising hype, and the way it draws in even those that don't seem to know they're a victim of it, not necessarily in their own experiences, buit in that of those they unintentionally, mislead by their raves.

I feel their brakes have great potential, and could be much more consistent if the quality control was even close to their claims.

Once again, my bad for attacking you, you really were, in your own way, giving good advice
    Very well, indeed.
    gfy

banned
    Jan 2004

Thanks Damion, but my words, no matter how well said,....

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Very well, indeed.
    ...may not last long around here, or myself for that matter, the way they're disallowing truths to be spoken about the customer service experiences I feel all should have a right to hear.

After all, people come to these boards to get opinions, based on experiences, of what they're getting into with certain products, and the customer service certainly is directly connected to them, like it or not.

Is this still mtbr, or mtb farce?

Do It Yourself
    Are you a victim of the Hammerhead hype, the Fox hype, the RF X-type crank hype? Are you going to be misled by the rave reviews the Push owners? I seriously think you are blowing this way out of proportion. The "truth" is you have worked yourself up into a tizzy over some brake rub. Yes, your rear brake has not met your expectations. Yes, Magura customer service has not met your expectations. But you have spun this into a vast MTBR wing conspiracy with everyone out to get you. The difference between a good rant and a bad rant is whether or not you can stick to the facts. You have moved beyond the facts and into assumptions, insults and just plain being rude. As gregg mentioned, your rant was rightfully pulled from the review section because it didn't meet the criteria for a valid review. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Long Live Long Rides

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Oh, well, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlygig

No sweat. I'm a bit inflammatory at times . It keeps things a bit interesting. Laugh.

You live in Washington? Where do you ride?

Jaybo

PS I have been thinking about trying some Avid Juicy's. I'm just a bit worried about part's availability until they are more widespread.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Who are you talking to? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    Are you a victim of the Hammerhead hype, the Fox hype, the RF X-type crank hype? Are you going to be misled by the rave reviews the Push owners? I seriously think you are blowing this way out of proportion. The "truth" is you have worked yourself up into a tizzy over some brake rub. Yes, your rear brake has not met your expectations. Yes, Magura customer service has not met your expectations. But you have spun this into a vast MTBR wing conspiracy with everyone out to get you. The difference between a good rant and a bad rant is whether or not you can stick to the facts. You have moved beyond the facts and into assumptions, insults and just plain being rude. As gregg mentioned, your rant was rightfully pulled from the review section because it didn't meet the criteria for a valid review. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Jaybo

PS peace to the Magura owners .