mtbr member

Is anyone using XTR 985 with non-Shimano rotors?

Soliciting opinions, especially with Formula and SRAM rotors.
    Thanks...

AOK
    mtbr member
    Yes. I used them with formula rotors. Worked fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Commit or eat sh!t
    Works fine with Formula rotors. Don't see a need to upgrade for XC/AM type of riding. Unless you are a clysdale/big dude.

I wouldn't use Magura rotors though. They are thicker than the others from what I remember.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    G'day, I am about to use them with Sram HS1 rotors. Man I hope they work with the XTR 985 calipers cos my 6 month old XO brakes have been driving me so man I just ponied up for a set of M988 XTR brakes!

MTB B'dos
    Yup, friend uses XTR 985s with the original Avid 2 piece rotors for the same reason, his XX brakes were shite. Think he will be switching his new bike to XTR and has the newer HS rotors, so will see how they work. How can Avid keep selling so many damn brakes when they're so shite? Of all the people on my island, ALL have had issues with their Avid brakes, they're a royal PITA and need constant bleeding and attention. I got some Hayes Stroker Trail brakes near the beginning of the year and I've had to do nothing with them except ride the bike, will be switching to XT 785 s soon and hoping that I have the same lack of need for service/fiddling, but get a bit more power, Strokers will go to my secondary HT bike.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics