mtbr member
    Feb 2005

anyone tried the alloy goodridge fittings?

Good or bad? Any thoughts. The alloy ones would be 17grams lighter!

wyrd bi ful rd
    Alloy goodridge hose collar ...

20071106 goodridge hose collar.jpg

... no problems with them so far but I think if you were to change your hose a few too many times, which you wont, the threads may wear out quite quickly ... the male attachment is not alloy but I think you can get them in alloy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    how are the black colored fittings holding up? If you had an option which would you fit, I'm thing black as well but I have black lines as well so maybe silver will look better. Sorry I'm a tart but when spending this kind of money on fittings I want them to look good after a few rides

wyrd bi ful rd
    My line of thought is that if you were to go steel braided ... then weight is not an issue ... so just go with the stainless steel fittings ... the price is the same

The edges of the nut have some rubbing due to the installation but otherwise ok ... then again with silver on black it does not show up as much as red or blue. We usually associate nuts bolts as black or silver. When it is any other colour and there is some rubbing it will be obvious.

What other colours do you have on your bike? Hubs? Handle bars, stem, seat post, levers & grips.

I was using the steel colour hose as you can see and the fittings were black with the silver 08 XT levers. My bike is generally black ... seat post silver and red rotors with silver cranks ...

mtbr member
    Has any one tried using Goodridge fittings on non-Goodridge lines? I think it would be sweet to have the benefits of the Goodridge fitting with the light weight of Formula`s Kevlar braided lines.
    Just do it, Faster, Better, Lighter.
    bikekitchen.blogspot.com
    Single Minded

Arnborg strik

I have

Quote Originally Posted by saga
    Good or bad? Any thoughts. The alloy ones would be 17grams lighter!
    Tried them!
    No problem with the first fitting,but when i tightened the second one it snapped
    The only reason i went with alloy was because i could get them in black(looks good on a white hose)

Now im using HEL hoses with stainless fittings and love them

dweeby
    I have the stainless steel fittings and I'm glad I did once I found out just how much force is required to screw them into the hose, also stainless steel will allways look like new.
    I just wouldn't feel safe with the alloy, you never know if your going to snag the hose on a branch or something.