Who are the brain police?

Anyone make a bleeder kit for Hayes brakes?

Anyone make a bleeder kit for Hayes brakes? If so, what did you use?

-Thanks-
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Who are the brain police?
    Forget it.

I ended up buying a large syringe (http://www.autobarn.net/mix2cycfuelm.html), 1/4" plastic tubing, & some Dot 3 at PEP Boys. I couldn't find tubing small enough to cleanly drain the excess from the master cylinder so I just surrounded the thing with paper towels (messy, but it worked).

So I flushed out the old brake fluid plus any air from the lines, blow torched the pads to remove any contaminants (with one of those culinary torches -very handy) and the brakes are like new.

The trails are too sloppy to ride so this is the kind of thing that keeps me going.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr platinum member

Here's some pics of my home made setup

I was too cheap to fork out the money for the Hayes bleed kit, so I did the same and made my own. The hardest part was figuring out the master cylinder tubing dillema. The fluid will be pouring out of the hole in the master cylinder at the lever, so you ideally want a piece of tubing in the hole on the lever to prevent air from contaminating the system.

I also used 1/4" o.d. tubing, but as you discovered, it doesn't fit into the master cylinder hole. So, I took a utility knife and carefully shaved the tubing down to 3/16" at the end where it enters the master cylinder hole. This worked out great!

Here's a picture of my finished setup. The picture of the shaved down end of the tubing didn't turn out so well.

-Ryan
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.