addicted to chunk

Anyone got a hope M4 caliper laying around?

Looking for just the caliper from a hope M4 set of brakes. Looking to upgrade the front and my understanding is the lever from my x2 should work on it....anyone??
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    CRC sells the M4 caliper only (Hope Caliper Complete Mono/Tech M4 2009 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com), but it is out of stock and costs almost as much as a new brake.

How about selling your current X2 brake and purchasing the M4? From my understanding the X2 lever should work on the M4 caliper.

addicted to chunk
    Thanks for the link, I was hoping someone had one laying around spare parts...but yah, most likely just going to buy a new rear. I kinked a rear brake line anyways last crash, then I'll use the caliper up front & have an extra lever/X2.
    Riding.....

b a n n e d
    Have you contacted Hope directly? I bought an M4 caliper on closeout (limited edition black w/ green bore caps) for $60 shipped. Brand new.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

addicted to chunk
    Interesting....maybe I should have called them. I sent them an e-mail to confirm compatibility with levers & they said yup you can swap, and to go through an authorized retailer for the caliper.

Oh well, Jenson price matched an M4 for $162 with free shipping so I'm going that route. Also going from a 160mm to a 183mm floating rotor up front at the same time. Should be a nice upgrade.
    Riding.....

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Interesting....maybe I should have called them. I sent them an e-mail to confirm compatibility with levers & they said yup you can swap, and to go through an authorized retailer for the caliper.

Oh well, Jenson price matched an M4 for $162 with free shipping so I'm going that route. Also going from a 160mm to a 183mm floating rotor up front at the same time. Should be a nice upgrade.
    For all things Hope, I call direct to the Texas facility. Great CS from them, and the best prices hands down.

Edit: They won't sell you a complete setup directly, but for spares, small parts, etc. they will work with you.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

addicted to chunk
    Good to know, thanks!

Got the M4 fitted up front, rear kinked line replaced, everything shortened & bled...hopefully it stops raining tomorrow so I can take for a test spin
    Riding.....