inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

any word on new aftermarket levers?

I know that Shimano is now making brakes that are no longer compatible with Straitline or Twenty6 aftermarket lever blades. I'm going to be getting XTR brakes very soon and I do believe I will love the brakes, but I wonder if anyone has heard of anything-just in case.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    I know that Shimano is now making brakes that are no longer compatible with Straitline or Twenty6 aftermarket lever blades. I'm going to be getting XTR brakes very soon and I do believe I will love the brakes, but I wonder if anyone has heard of anything-just in case.
    Which model? been waiting over 3 years for replacement levers for my bent m775s. I've stopped holding my breath and decided will probably just get m778 lever set when my current levers are bent too bad.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I'm curious about XTR M988 lever blade upgrades. But now I can't even find just a replacement blade for M988s made by Shimano on the internet and will make sure to keep my levers loose enough on the bars for any impact.

I know that you can put Straitline or Twenty6 lever blades on 2008 and older models. Something about how the cylinder is set up in the newer models makes it not possible.

Now that I can't find replacement blades at all for them, I'm a little worried.