Expert Noob

Any way to adjust lever pull with Juicy 3s

When Im one finger braking I hit my other fingers with the brake lever. Is there any way to adjust it so the lever is farther out and the pull will end before hitting my fingers?

Also

If my brakes came with 160mm rotors does that mean that they will only fit 160 or could I upgrade to 203 and they would still work?
    Last edited by LandoCommando; 04-01-2009 at 07:29 AM.

mtbr member
    There is a small 2mm setscrew behind the lever that changes the lever extension. If it is already all the way out (max extension), you may have have to remove the wheel, and carefully pull the brake lever so the caliper pistons move in a little bit. They don't always self adjust correctly.

You can use the brakes with 203mm rotor, with a couple caveats. You need to get 203mm spacers for the calipers, and you need to make sure that your fork and frame can clear that large of a rotor. 203mm is an overkill for most applications.

Expert Noob
    Is this the general position for the set screw or is this specific to Juicy 3s?

Expert Noob
    Got home from work and found the screws, thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LandoCommando
    Got home from work and found the screws, thanks for the help.
    I'm only familiar with the J3's. There are two screws on behind each lever. The smaller one adjusts the lever extension.

(Sorry the post is a bit late, but maybe it will help someone else in the future.)