artistic...

any experience w/paul motolites?

i read mixed reviews on them.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Photog Cyclist.
    Tons of experience what do you want to know?

Love them-great stoppin power-great quick release-cool looking-light weight-pivots don't wear out. Slight pain to set up, but not a deal breaker.
    [SIZE="4"]We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all
    [/SIZE][SIZE="2"](Tim Mcgraw)[/SIZE]

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm
    Tons of experience what do you want to know?

Love them-great stoppin power-great quick release-cool looking-light weight-pivots don't wear out. Slight pain to set up, but not a deal breaker.
    i heard about the slight pain.. as in moderate to large pain. no pain would be the best.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Photog Cyclist.
    I don't know what to tell you--they take a little more time to setup than others. If you want no pain then pay someone to put your brakes on-they all have their little differences. As far as "as in moderate to large pain" I don't think so--but my cat is more mechanically inclined than some of the people I have seen work on their bikes out on the trail. I was a shop mechanic for 8 years and put on 100's of brakes and none were hard-some were just a little more difficult than others
    [SIZE="4"]We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all
    [/SIZE][SIZE="2"](Tim Mcgraw)[/SIZE]

POG
    Pudgy Old Guy
    May 2004
    I used a set for a long time and they worked fine. They have a lot of adjustment options so that might be seen as harder, but what that actually allows you to do is fine tune the pad to rim contact more precisely. I used them until the noodle corroded and fell apart. I had decided to move on to the mrazek Vs at that point. I'm using discs now.

this account retired
    i love them! while i had somebody else put them on for me, i cant comment on the setup. adjusting tension seems trivial once setup. i fussed a tad before my first ride and they are still set up perfect.

the modulation on these still shocks me. i have never felt anything like it on a v brake.