Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012

Am I missing something?

I am looking to upgrade the stock brakes on my 2011 Trek Marlin and really don't want to dump a bunch of money into something that's going to be my second bike in a couple of years. What would keep me from this:

BlueSkyCycling.com - 2011 Avid BB7 Disc Brake Combo Kit

They should bolt right up right? Is there a difference from the 2011 to 2012 models?

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMatt View Post
    They should bolt right up right?
    Yep, providing that you have of are getting the correct adapters to mount the brakes if they are required.
    Is there a difference from the 2011 to 2012 models?
    There's no difference, the current model BB7 is basically the same as a 2008 model.

Last edited by cobba; 12-17-2012 at 05:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Can't go wrong with BB7s.

What's on there now?

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    It's the stock Tektro Novela 160/160 brakes. The plan is to cost effectly upgrade the weak links and make it a worth single track bike that can also ride with the family and pull the bike trailer. Next year I will make the move to FS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    BB7 are awesome. However i have found that using compressionless 5mm housing makes a huge difference in making these brakes even better.

There is a great set up here. Avid BB7 mini resource - How to set up the Avid BB7

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crossracer View Post
    BB7 are awesome. However i have found that using compressionless 5mm housing makes a huge difference in making these brakes even better.

There is a great set up here. Avid BB7 mini resource - How to set up the Avid BB7
    Thanks for the information, I will take this into consideration when installing them.