FIX IT YOURSELF

Advise for those riding Formula's or Magura's

I'm new this hydro brake thing and Im looking for a third voice on the differences between The Oro Brake from Formula or the Louise Brake by Magura....My LBS prefers working with the Maguras because of the mineral oil thing ( I ADGREE 100% WITH THAT).....On the other hand I was riding with two guys who ran the Formulas and said they both swithched from Martas to Oros.....I dont know what the deal is
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007

Formulas

Why run a special German mineral oil when you can run an automotive /industry standard DOT-4 type oil in the Formula Oro's, that is available at every Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, pep boys, etc. Seems a no brainer to me. Plus the performance of the Formula Oro's in K-18s on up is top notch. Check the reviews by riders, not advertisers or industry types... the Formulas win hands down. You get what you pay for with the Formulas, no doubt. I bet my Bubba sized Clydsedale ass on it it with every descent I take, I run K-18s, very happy with the performance of them with sintered metallic pads. Just keep them dry, and they don't squeal.