mtbr member
    Apr 2007

adapters - formula

anyone know if my avid adaptors will work with formula oros?

i know i will need a different one in the back if i plan on running a 7 but if i could save a few bucks by not getting on for the front that would be great

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I tried this without success.

The rotor rubbed on the topside of the caliper.

I'd mount them and see what happens. It can't hurt and you may have a different caliper/adapter/rotor fit then I did. Just don't ride them until you're certain.

Industry Member
    Jul 2005
    Hey Matt,
    Please give us a call in the office and I can explain your options. 707.765.2770

Cheers,

Chris Costello
    Perigeum Development US distributor of Formula Disc brakes.

SS or Die
    Quote Originally Posted by Perigeum Development
    Hey Matt,
    Please give us a call in the office and I can explain your options. 707.765.2770

Cheers,

Chris Costello
    Perigeum Development US distributor of Formula Disc brakes.
    Hi Chris, Sorry to gate crash this thread but I have a new set of 'The One's' and the lever is pulling all the way to the bar when used with my old slighly worn rotors
    Both front a rear brake serve the same feel but when the red plastic spacer is inserted at the caliper the lever feel is solid.

A. I could bleed the brakes or..

B. Could it be that my old rotors are worn and the pad contact is to far away?

When viewing the pads, there is quite a space between pad and rotor. I have adjusted the lever settings and the results are the more or less the same.

If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated before I go to the hassle of bleeding them.

Cheers
    "Be the Gear..."

banned
    The red spacer is not designed to be the thickness of the rotor. It's thicker and designed to keep the pistons in the housing. Once you use them, you have to pump the lever repeatedly to move the pistons and pads out to the rotor. Is this the case here? I really doubt that your rotors are shot in terms of thickness because these things last.

SS or Die
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    The red spacer is not designed to be the thickness of the rotor. It's thicker and designed to keep the pistons in the housing. Once you use them, you have to pump the lever repeatedly to move the pistons and pads out to the rotor. Is this the case here? I really doubt that your rotors are shot in terms of thickness because these things last.

JC,

For shits n giggles I placed a brand new Marta SL rotor in the place of my tired Aligator rotor. The difference was 0.5mm of rotor thickness, the marta being the thicker of the two. The lever pulled up 1/2" earlier with the thicker rotor in position. This got me thinking.

It turns out I found another thread regarding these brakes where Chris recommended removing the wheel ( rotor ) and compressing the lever all the way to the bar ONCE, then replacing the rotor and compressing again. Repeating this process until pad contact improved. If this was unsuccessful to compress the lever to the bar TWICE before replacing rotor. After repeating this process a few times........It worked! Problem solved.

Happy camper here!

You are right about rotor wear though, it takes years of abuse to wear them out but it was interesting seeing the difference it made to pad contact by simply useing a newer rotor.

Thanks for the reply.

M.
    "Be the Gear..."