mtbr member

Which adapter to use with Shimano caliper and Avid rotor?

I am running Shimano Saint calipers with Avid 6 bolt 203 rotors and it has been working well. I just decided to go smaller - from 203 to 185 and when I got the Avid front brake adapter for the G3 rotor I had to use 2 washers to make the pad contact work. I am not happy with that type of setup.

This is a 74mm post mount setup on a Lyrik fork. Any ideas on which adapter would work in this situation without changing my caliper or rotor brands?

PS The rear brake/adapter/caliper went on fine with good pad contact and works great.

I can post photos if the above is not clear.
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steve47co1
    I am running Shimano Saint calipers with Avid 6 bolt 203 rotors and it has been working well. I just decided to go smaller - from 203 to 185 and when I got the Avid front brake adapter for the G3 rotor I had to use 2 washers to make the pad contact work. I am not happy with that type of setup.

This is a 74mm post mount setup on a Lyrik fork. Any ideas on which adapter would work in this situation without changing my caliper or rotor brands?

PS The rear brake/adapter/caliper went on fine with good pad contact and works great.

I can post photos if the above is not clear.
    Pics would help. There is no problem using some thin washer to lift the caliper a little if pad contact is not perfect.

mtbr member

Photos

MC,

Thanks for the quick input.

Here some pics of how I set it up. I would rather not use washers if at all possible.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

mtbr member
    what kind of Lyrik is that? never seen one with an air valve at the bottom like that.

mtbr member

Lyrik 2 Step Air

Just a plain ol Lyrik 2 Step Air.