mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Adapter for Shimano M785 + 203mm IceTech (XT RT86)

Just picked up some M785 brakes and some 203 IceTechs (XT RT86). I am putting them on my '12 Stumpjumper FSR EVO (26").

I wish I'd known that I would be needing some adapters. Now I might not get to take the rig on its maiden voyage this weekend.

Does anyone know which adapters I would need to make this setup work? Can it work?

thank in advance,

j

mtbr member
    you need shimano post mount adapters for 203 rotors. , not sure what fork are you running, not all the forks are recommended to be used with 203 rotors (like xc forks).
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    very good. that looks like it will do the trick. i'll be mounting it on a Fox Talus 36 140. I think it should be ok with the 203.

how large of a rotor can i run in the rear with the m785s? I am guessing it would be overkill to have a 203. could a run a 160 without an adapter? would a 180 require an adapter?

thanks for your help. this is the first build-up i've done so I am learning a lot about what works and what does not.

-j
    Last edited by snowgage; 03-13-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: punctuation

mtbr member
    You should be able to fit a 160mm with no issues, and maybe a 180mm, but it depends on the clearance of the frame as to what you can fit. The caliper itself will work with any size rotor with the right adaptors.