mtbr member
    Sep 2005

? abour rear Hope M4

I was looking at Wiggle's site and in their description about the rear brake application for Hope M4s is this: Rear Rear 183/6(B) IS. Does this mean that the caliper body itself is IS or do they just ship it with an IS adapter? The latter makes more sense to me since most rear mounts are IS.

I looked on the Hope site and it appears that the new M4s are all PM caliper bodies. My plan is to use the Hayes mounts that are already on my bike and install PM compatible calipers. Before I order I'd just like to confirm what I'm getting.

Thanks.

Andy

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    B stands for the adaptor mount. So your'll receive a brake with all fitting kit for 183 IS.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ok, so the caliper body itself is post-mount? I don't need the fitting kit, per se. Thanks for clarifying part of it, though. I wish the Hope website was a bit less confusing. Maybe it's just operator error.

A

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwad
    Ok, so the caliper body itself is post-mount? I don't need the fitting kit, per se. Thanks for clarifying part of it, though. I wish the Hope website was a bit less confusing. Maybe it's just operator error.

A
    The caliper itself is post mount and it allows for adjustment of the brake. You will need to use the adaptor supplied with the brake. I have a hope mini on the rear of my blur lt with a B adaptor and 183mm disc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks.