mtbr member
    Jan 2011

A2Z disc brake Adapter compatability

Hi everyone, I am trying to upgrade to disc brakes on my bike (which does not have disc mounts), so I am thinking of buying an A2Z universal disc brake adapter. But my frame is a cheap X Rated aluminium frame from Halfords, and therefore are unsure whether the adapter would be able to clamp on properly to my dropouts.

My dropouts:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/23wvdk3.jpg

Would it fit?
    Thanks

T.W.O.
    Yep, it should work, if not you need to get brake therapy. Do you have the disc components already, or you are going to buy one. It almost the same as getting the bike with disc package already.

mtbr member
    That chains a little bit rusty... might want to check that
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    — Steve Martin

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    Yep, it should work, if not you need to get brake therapy. Do you have the disc components already, or you are going to buy one. It almost the same as getting the bike with disc package already.
    Ahh good thats a huge relief! As i just ordered some new disc wheels from superstar I had a look at the brake therapy one and didnt like the look of it , looked heavy and expensive too, so glad the A2Z will work Yup i have a mechanical Hayes MX4 to use, probably going to need an adapter too but i can pick that up from a bike shop near where i live so its all good, thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsromich
    That chains a little bit rusty... might want to check that
    Haha, I know. Theres been lots of snow and ice recently and i think the grit they used to de-ice the road has been the main contributing factor. You should see the state of my old cassette, it is the cheap/old threaded fixed to the hub type, heavily rusted and worn. So i decided to buy some new wheels and upgrade to discs at the same time

Members who have read this thread: 0