Got A Lust for Life...

8" Adapter for 04 Marz FR QR

I have searched this forum and all I found was that the Psylo adapter works. I just tried it, it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Got A Lust for Life...
    Come on guys!

Got A Lust for Life...
    Hello? Anyone out there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The Psylo adapter is for the 2002 and older JR-T

Quote Originally Posted by indyfab25
    I have searched this forum and all I found was that the Psylo adapter works. I just tried it, it doesn't. Any suggestions?
    The Psylo adapter is for the 2002 and older JR-T with standard QR not the QR 20mm axle. Here is the Hayes adapter for the Psylo and 2002 and older Jr-T http://www.bti-usa.com/item.asp?item...rtNo&showOnly=
    The adapter you need is the standard "IS" 8" rotor 20mm thru-axle 110mm spacing. Here is the Hayes adpter you need http://www.bti-usa.com/item.asp?item...rtNo&showOnly=
    If you are using a different brake than Hayes use a "IS" 8" rotor adapter for 20mm thru-axle 110mm spacing hub. If your fork is a 2004 Marzocchi Z150-SL, Z150-FR or Z1 FR they all use the 20mm QR which also uses the standard "IS" 8" 20mm thru-axle adapter. The 2004 Z1 FR-SL has standard QR drop outs.
    I hope this helps,
    Erik,
    Balle Racing
    www.balleracing.com
    Last edited by BalleRacing; 04-28-2005 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Adding more comments

rob
    slakDawg

New question here.

Well, I think you're asking about the quick release version of the Z1, not the 20mm thru axel version, correct? "8" Adapter for 04 Marz FR QR"

So, then it depends on what brake you have. Is the brake a 74mm post mount or 51mm IS mount?

Got A Lust for Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by rob
    Well, I think you're asking about the quick release version of the Z1, not the 20mm thru axel version, correct? "8" Adapter for 04 Marz FR QR"

So, then it depends on what brake you have. Is the brake a 74mm post mount or 51mm IS mount?
    It is the most recent post mount..74? and it is a Z1 FR QR. So I gather there are two different 8" 20 mm adapters? I tried to use the 8'' hayes adaptor but it was too wide obviously. Is this what he is talking about above with the hub spacing?
    Steve

rob
    slakDawg
    There are several 20mm adapters, but you are saying that you have a quick release version of the Z1 and you want to mount a 74mm brake caliper, so the 20mm adapter won't work (obviously to you now).

How about this one for 8" rotors.

Or this one for 203mm rotors.

Cannonball!
    Is your fork standard QR or QR-20? I am thinking yours is standard QR which would be the same fork as my Coiler Dee-Lux has, and I have been thinking about doing the 8" rotor swap as well. What do you plan to do with the QR axle keep it or trade it out for 10mm solid? If you plan to trade it out, what solid axel will you use? I think there were some other threads regarding this but didn't see the info I needed when I did a search.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    And the big question not yet asked:

Which brake are you using?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It is the most recent post mount..74? and it is a Z1 FR QR. So I gather there are two different 8" 20 mm adapters? I tried to use the 8'' hayes adaptor but it was too wide obviously. Is this what he is talking about above with the hub spacing?
    Steve
    There is a International standard 20mm thru-axle 8" rotor fork 110mm hub spacing and a Internatinal Standard QR 6" rotor fork 100mm hub spacing. Marzocchi in 2004 have the Z1 with 20mm thru-axle with QR levers mounted on the fork that swing down to remove your wheel. The 2004 Z1 also comes with International Standard QR for 6" rotors (this one has 9mm drop-outs). Rock Shox makes the Psylo which has a 20mm axle but it is designed to use either a International Standard adpter for a 6" rotor or a special Psylo specific 8" adapter (not a International Standard 8" Adapter). Many people use the Psylo Adapter for 74mm post mount brakes on the Marzocchi 2002 Jr T, but I don't know if they use it on the Z1 QR 9mm drop-out fork.
    Erik

Got A Lust for Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy

2002 Hayes HFX Mage I believe. The caliper is the same as every other hayes caliper I have seen, with the exeption to the el. As far as swapping out axles, I was thinking about going with the Hadleys and using their 9mm through axle. Does anyone know whether or not there is an aftermarket axle for shimano xt front hubs? The adapter listed above at price point should be the adapter I am looking for. I am surprised that I overlooked it. So that problem is solved. Thanks everyone. If there is anything else I should know, shoot. It is interesting, I could not find any information about this in this forum.

rob
    slakDawg

I guess you missed my previous post, ok so I didn't question the brake (made a statement), but did question the mount style

"So, then it depends on what brake you have. Is the brake a 74mm post mount or 51mm IS mount?"

Got A Lust for Life...
    74 I don't think I have ever even seen a 51. Didn't they make those a loooong time ago? So, that is why I ----roll eyes---did not answer the question.
    Steve

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    74 I don't think I have ever even seen a 51. Didn't they make those a loooong time ago? So, that is why I ----roll eyes---did not answer the question.
    Steve
    51 mm is the current IS standard.
    74 mm is the current "post mount" spacing. There was also a 68 mm post mount in addition to the Hayes 22 mm post mount.

All of the above is why I asked "which brake."
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Got A Lust for Life...
    51 mm is the current IS standard.
    74 mm is the current "post mount" spacing. There was also a 68 mm post mount in addition to the Hayes 22 mm post mount.

All of the above is why I asked "which brake."
    I get it. The 51 IS is in reference to the fork right? It is definitely the 74mm post mount. This is all so simple...yet confusing somehow. Thanks a lot guys. It is truly appreciated.