mtbr member
    Oct 2008

51 mm I.S caliper to marz 55r 6" post 20mm axel

I have not seen the adapter yet (sm-maf203s/p). I am told that this will not work with the marz 20 mm axel without some spacers. Can someone give me a heads up as for what they have done. Please Help!!!!!

I have a 51 mm spaced caliper.(shimano xt 755 quad piston)
    203mm rotors.
    marz 55r 6" post fork. (new)
    ringle 20mm hub.

Meh.
    You'll need the adapter to mount a IS caliper to a post mount fork. It'll probably be around 30-40 dollars for the Shimano one. I don't think spacers are necessary in this case.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cambria bike had there mecanic try to put this all together yesterday for me with the shimano adapter and said it did not line up correctly with the 20mm thru axel post mount on the zochi fork......but it did line up with a zochi fork with a regular quick realease.???????
    I have this adapter being shipped to me SM-MA F203S/P...I will have to look at it with my own eyes and figure it out I guess.

Meh.
    Weird... Marzocchi does offset their IS tabs on 20mm TA forks by 5mm or so. But I don't think that's possible with the post mount.

If the caliper just needs to shift inboard by 5mm, it is fine to use shims.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I was thinking that they went to post mount so they would not have to offset any more. Then J.D from cambria hits me with this info yesterday. That is why I was hoping for someone to shine some light on this for me.
    If this is correct information that I am getting from cambria. How would the adapter's work for the post style calipers? would you not have the same problem between 20mm and regular quick realease? Do the post mounts have 5mm of adjustment?

Meh.
    Post mounts do have some side to side adjustment, but it's not a ton.

Either way, you will have to use some shims in order to properly center the caliper over the rotor (just like IS calipers on IS tabs).