mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Is a 48" hose long enough for me?

Hi, I don't have my frame in front of me. I have a 19.5 pisgah with a 23.5 toptube. do you guys thing that a 48" rear hose is long enough?

Thanks

ride hard take risks
    Measure the old one.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I sold it a while back, anyone have a large framed bike, how long is your rear hose?

wyrd bi ful rd
    I think a bit of excess is fine ... that gives you a bit of room for errors for whatever reason. Some of us might like it really tight in front just enough for when you turn the handle bars whilst others, a bit loose, which can make a difference of about 5"?

It also depends on what type of calipers you are using ... if it is one of those with straight fittings, then you might not have a flex after the last hose boss; if it is a banjo fit, depending on the installation, you might have a slight bend at the end which can make a difference.

Are the hoses sold by inches?

I am using a large size frame and I think the hose is about 60". I left them long just in case I upgrade to a different frame. Top tube is about 23.5"

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    well, I'm looking to buy a used set and they're already cut, the front hose is 24" and the rear is 48" which seems quite short, I have a manitou R7 80mm.