Dat mah bike, punk!

220mm rotor is on the way.

the 220mm replacement rotor for my Hope/DH40 setup is on the way. i'm scared. very scared. i sent them my unused 205mm rotor and unused front brake and they swapped out the mono m4 #6 caliper for a #3 caliper at no cost to me. i am so stoked.

the need for a 220mm rotor is, however, a completely different issue. it's the only thing that'll work!

M
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

No, that's not phonetic
    Cripes. And I thought my Louise FR's front 210 was a wagon wheel!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

not so super...
    You had better get one of those Morningstar dial indicators MikeT. was talking about over on the wheel forum. Keeping a 220mm rotor true and rub free will be tough.
    Nothing to see here.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    You had better get one of those Morningstar dial indicators MikeT. was talking about over on the wheel forum. Keeping a 220mm rotor true and rub free will be tough.
    yeah i know...i asked hope about that, he said he hasn't heard of any problems with the 220's, although he did acknowledge that a bigger rotor using the same mounting style will be tougher to maintain. he also mentioned that using a 220mm 5bolt pattern rotor would really help, as the mounting bolts are further from the center creating stiffer rotor.

i have a big 'un hub, just gotta see if the 220 is out of control or not. i might be in for some hellish issues.

thanks for the link, gonna keep it handy.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Cripes. And I thought my Louise FR's front 210 was a wagon wheel!
    yo cheezy; what fork are you running? also do you have issues with bent/out of true rotors?

No, that's not phonetic
    I have a Z1 FR1. The rotor is doing quite well, no issues with going out of whack. I have not really put it through its paces since it is winter, but I do have a bunch of rides on it on steep stuff and am not recognizing any special issues with having big rotors. Not really any more rub than my old 6"ers dished out.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA

i had just gotten my hope mono's back, including the 220 rotor, pictured here. doesn't look too much bigger. the smaller rotor is 7-7/8" weighing in at 182 grams, and the larger rotor is 8-5/8" weighing in at 225 grams. kudos to Hope for such a fast turnaround, too bad i've got to wait another month to install it

but they sent the caliper with stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickers! woo hoo!

M
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    but they sent the caliper with stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickers! woo hoo!
    Geez ya stingy bastid no pictures of the stickers??? Sheesh..... LOL
    Pat T.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat T.
    Geez ya stingy bastid no pictures of the stickers??? Sheesh..... LOL

LMAO

ok just for you i'll show you a rare one in my collection....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr remember
    "whatchu talkin' bout willis?" nice sticker. but speaking of bling bling, now your rolling w/ double deuce zeros on that bad boy! Do you still have the normal 205mm in rear?? They don't look to be ridiculously big, I bet nobody could even tell the difference when your riding, unless you let them know. I doubt you'll have too many probs. but who knows, your putting a lot of torque through that hub w/ that big ol frisbee!
    Schralp it Heavy.

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    "whatchu talkin' bout willis?" nice sticker. but speaking of bling bling, now your rolling w/ double deuce zeros on that bad boy! Do you still have the normal 205mm in rear?? They don't look to be ridiculously big, I bet nobody could even tell the difference when your riding, unless you let them know. I doubt you'll have too many probs. but who knows, your putting a lot of torque through that hub w/ that big ol frisbee!

lol

yeah i am going to run 205mm in the back. frustratingly enough, the DH40 won't get here until mid-march. don't know if i want to just get the 66 or the 888....ARGH!!