mtbr member

2012 sram brakes

I ran away from sram (avid) brakes about 2 years ago because they were a pain in the butt. I have been thinking about going back to them for next year. I have been running the '12 shimano xt brakes with ice tech rotors with good success but would like to run the sram brakes so I could match them up and save space on bar . Opinions please.
    I ride a bike, therefore I am!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantalitebike View Post
    I ran away from sram (avid) brakes about 2 years ago because they were a pain in the butt. I have been thinking about going back to them for next year. I have been running the '12 shimano xt brakes with ice tech rotors with good success but would like to run the sram brakes so I could match them up and save space on bar . Opinions please.
    My opinion is I would rather have the silent functionality of my XTR/icetech setup then switching back to a potential noisy system that is no better (maybe functionally not even as good) to save space on the bar.

mtbr member
    Not worth the space savings. This is like bad relationship that you ended and now want it back. You forgot all the bad things and are remembering one decent aspect.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the opinions......talked me off the ledge. Shimano it is!
    I ride a bike, therefore I am!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    Not worth the space savings. This is like bad relationship that you ended and now want it back. You forgot all the bad things and are remembering one decent aspect.

This is quite possibly the best description of the situation EVER.

Repped

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Am I the only guy using avid brakes with shimano shifters and hope matchmakers and Happy about it?

mtbr member
    Back at ya!