mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2012 SLX on 2008 Enduro

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2008 Enduro as a rolling frame, stock suspension and wheels. I bought some SLX disc brakes, complete front and rear from Blue Sky for $109ea. with rotors, 180 front and 160 rear. The rear bolts right up and the disc lines up fine, just need a longer hose now, the 1400mm is too short.

Anyway, here's the real issue. When I tried the front, the caliper when resting on the disc, is about 8-10mm too far away from the fork mounting ears, it's too far in, it needs to come away from the hub. It doesn't look like the disc should be further spaced out from the hub. I know, pictures would better explain it, but I don't have any yet. I'm hoping someone might know what the issue is. Do they have offset mounting brackets for disc brakes, and is that what I need?

Thanks much.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think I may have figured it out on my own. I have the stock 25mm hub on the E150 fork. I think I need a 20mm hub adapter for Shimano 180mm disc. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I can't find one for a 180 disc, only 160 or 203.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    OK, figured it out if anyone is interested. I bought some 5mm aluminum spacers from McMaster Carr. This brings the caliper closer to the hub by the correct amount.