H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006

2012 Formula RO and The One Brakes

Looking to hear if anyone has any experience with the new 2012 Formula brakes.
    I'm in the market for a pair for my new DH bike and will be running either the RO's or The One's.
    By the look of the 2012's they both have the FCS and TFRA which would be handy. And the 2012 The One's look to have a larger Reservoir.
    But on the downside I haven't been able to track down replacement pad's for the RO (haven't really looked very hard either).
    So I'd like to hear any comments from anyone running the 2012 stuff.
    Thanks

Barfed
    Jun 2007
    ROs run the same pads as the One and R1

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    No wonder I couldn't find any mention of RO pad's. That makes things easy.Thank's boyslikedirt.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    A slight necrothread,

What did you end up buying the ones or RO's? I'm in the same boat and unsure what to get.

I have the ones on the all mountain rig, but have just put together a new downhill frame and are wondering if the RO's are better? they will cost about 40-50 more an end, so little info out there on these brakes, being new and all.

H2o-Bar
    Mar 2006
    Ended up going with the 2012 The One's. Got them thru CRC at a pretty good price along a set of Goodridge hoses.Still no real info on the RO's and there still $$.

I've been running Formula K24 Oro's on my Socom so I'm pretty confident that this should be an improvement ( in set-up and power). Hopefully I'll be able to get my new bike out soon and try them out.

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    let us know if you have a problem with a tight pad gap on the "One's".